If you own a used car that you are planning on putting on the market, it's important to take a few extra steps in order to try and get the most money possible for your used car. Taking care of a couple of items before having your vehicle looked at for sale can help you increase your car's overall value and also increase the likelihood that your vehicle will sell.
Here are some of our pre-sale tips to help you get the most money for your used vehicle:
- Have your car interior cleaned and detailed - A full and thorough interior cleaning by professionals will only cost you a couple hundred dollars but can greatly increase the price of your car.
- Have the outside of your vehicle washed, detailed, and waxed
- Take good photos of your used car for the platform you plan on selling your vehicle on
- Use Kelly Blue Book to find the value of your vehicle and also do your research to compare other vehicles that are for sale in your area
- Make sure that you stop by Exclusively Bimmers for a full vehicle inspection and to have all necessary maintenance items completed before selling. Having outstanding services due or issues with your vehicle under the hood will greatly decrease your vehicle's value.
- Try to sell privately rather than going through a dealer or used car lot - you'll get more money and the process will be more simple.
The best way to get the most value from your used vehicle is to be honest, make sure that all services are taken care of, and have your vehicle cleaned top to bottom to attract buyers. Good luck!